Monday, December 6, 2010

Europe Post 1

I went to Italy and Greece, with my brother Jeremy, from Oct. 5 - 16. It was incredible to say the least. I only put a few pictures on my website out of the hundreds I took. Here are some more of my favorites. A special thanks to my Aunts, Nancy and Lisa, for making the trip happen and to Antigone for taking us to many amazing places in Greece. This first group of pictures are all from Italy.



Dome within the Vatican Museum.

The Golden Hallway in the Vatican Museum. I don't know what the real name is, but Golden Hallway seems appropriate.

Vatican Museum.

Jeremy with St. Peter's in the background.

One of the Swiss Guards at St. Peter's.


Sant'Angese Cathedral at Piazza Navona.



I'm so clever!


St. Maria Basilica located by Piazza Repubblica. I actually liked this one better than St. Peter's because of the contrast. The outside looks like it is in shambles and then you walk in and are just blown away by how massive it is.

The Colosseum.




Inside the Colosseum.

 The Ruins of the Roman Forum.









Monument to Victor Emmanuel II. This was my favorite monument in Rome because it gave the idea of what the ruins would have looked like in their full glory.


Picture frame doorway at Pompeii.

Vineyard inside of Pompeii with the Amphitheater in the background. The Amphitheater is the oldest surviving Roman amphitheater and Pink Floyd played a concert there.



The ruins of Pompeii with Mt. Vesuvius in the background. I saw a lot of ruins between Italy and Greece and Pompeii easily takes the cake. Its amazing how well preserved everything was. 


The shoreline of Sorrento.




The streets of Sorrento. 


A group of cardinals (I think) walking by St. Peter's.





Piazza Navona.


 That would be me helping out with a street performance at the Piazza Navona. After three days of non-stop walking, supporting someone else's weight with my legs almost killed me. It was fun though.


Did you know there are a lot of churches in Rome?




Jeremy in front of Trevi Fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment